Invoke solves the problems that enable businesses to innovate and grow. We cut our teeth by creating digital products like Hootsuite, Brightkit, and Foodee. Now, as a partner for startups and established brands alike, we add value by combining our product development expertise with a history of creating remarkable digital experiences.
We are looking for hands-on, full stack web developers to join our web development team. You’ll work with our clients to build responsive web solutions and back end services with a REST-ful API, or scalable server architecture via Amazon Web Services.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work alongside our dev team to deliver high quality user experiences for clients by delivering a seamless experience on desktop, tablet and mobile devices
- Provide client & server side development services across multiple projects
- Design clean & scalable software architectures
- Collaborate with the Design team on UI implementation
- Understand latest mobile interfaces and writing truly responsive layouts
- Deploy performant and secure web applications
- Develop automation tools
- Design server architectures
- Troubleshoot and maintain legacy projects/applications - you love solving problems!
- Write client-facing and internal software specifications and documentation
- Provide detailed hours estimates on feature specs
- Stay up to date on modern technologies
WHO YOU ARE
- An Agile/Scrum and test-driven LAMP stack developer with a few years of experience ideally in an agency or startup environment
- Proficient use of GIT version control with workflows like feature branching and forking
- Experience with some or all of these languages: PHP, NodeJS, Ruby
- Experience with some or all of these front end web technologies: HTML5, Sass, AngularJS, ReactJS, Ionic, Grunt/Gulp, Sockets
- You’re all about responsive web design
- Experience with any of these MVC web frameworks: PHP: Silex/Laravel, Node: Express/Sails or Ruby: Sinatra/Rails
- Experience in creating RESTful API Services for browser and mobile clients
- Experience with Amazon Web Services especially with EC2 server management including setup and deployment
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment, Unit Testing
- Comfortable with the Unix command line interface
- Computer Science Degree
- GitHub profile - we’d love to see sample code!
- Ecommerce experience a nice to have
- Enjoy working either on your own, or as part of a team and most importantly, you love solving problems and get the demands of project oriented/milestone driven work
Sound like you? We’d love to hear from you, so please apply now with a cover letter, resume, and a link to your GitHub profile. We've love to see some sample code!
We thank everyone that applies, but only those short-listed will be contacted to move forward in the process.