POPSUGAR is looking for graphic designers (both freelance and full-time) with strong typography skills to work in our New York studio. You’ll work closely with the Creative Director and Design Director on our video content. This role includes designing logos, lower thirds, graphics packages and other video elements. We are designing for video, so motion graphics skills are a huge plus.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work within critical project timelines
- Keep an organized list of all design elements, status and delivery schedule
- Quality check and provide direction to editors, producers and animators on implementation of graphics
- Ensure design for all videos are optimized for social platforms
- Create style guides for all video content and willing to design solutions on the fly
- Ability to create graphics templates, as well as customized designs
- Work inter-departmentally
- Maintain the POPSUGAR brand integrity in everything created
- Develop new graphics packages for show development and client funded content
- Collect inspiration for new ideas, create moodboards, animation tests, etc
- Implement client and producer feedback
- Develop presentation and marketing materials when necessary
- Enthusiastic about all things design, and has a great attitude
- Understand studio production and post production processes
- Be on top of current design trends
- BFA/BA in Graphic Design, or equivalent professional experience
- 2-7 years of design experience
- A killer portfolio with relevant examples of previous client work
- Expert usage of Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
- Some animation/motion experience
- Adobe Premiere experience a bonus
- Able to work effectively under tight deadlines
POPSUGAR Inc. is a global media and technology company that is parent to lifestyle media publisher POPSUGARand monthly subscription box POPSUGAR Must Have. Together, the brands attract a monthly global audience of 100 million, generating 3.1 billion monthly content views. POPSUGAR is the #1 lifestyle brand for young women, delivering inspiring, informative, and entertaining content in multi-platforms across entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, food, parenting, news and more. POPSUGAR Studios, the video production arm of POPSUGAR, Inc., is the leading producer of online video lifestyle content, with more than 300 million monthly views of its original series.
POPSUGAR Inc. has offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and London and operates internationally in Australia, France, the Middle East, and the UK. The company is privately held and funded by Sequoia Capital and IVP. For more information about POPSUGAR Inc., visit corp.popsugar.com.
POPSUGAR is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive company culture. We celebrate our differences and embrace the varying ideas, interests, and life experiences that make us who we are. As a company with a mission to inform and inspire people all over the world, we believe that employing individuals with diverse backgrounds is essential to building a successful, creative, and innovative business.
We work hard, play nice, and welcome those who do the same.
Whoever you are, You are POPSUGAR.