You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Graphic Designer at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
Herman Miller’s Brand Design Team in New York is seeking an experienced Graphic Designer for our consumer facing business. The ideal Graphic Designer will have an affinity to the Herman Miller brand, be organized in nature, and exhibit a high level of craft and attention to detail. You'll need to demonstrate a proven ability to create excellent concepts for art direction of photography, illustration, and retail focused environments. You should be a problem-solver, comfortable working within short timelines, and able to provide creative solutions responsive to client needs.
You will work collaboratively with a Copywriter and Marketing and present work with sound strategic reasoning and strong creative rationale. Ideally, you will have a minimum of five years of professional experience working in a variety of media, including digital, print layout/production, and environments.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Help establish graphic, format, and process standards to be implemented and maintained by others. You will hire appropriate resources in the areas of photography, illustration, and possibly design appropriate for programs and projects.
- Help establish integrated design directions in support of Herman Miller's corporate voice (in communicating to its customers), with an emphasis on the visual interpretation of Herman Miller's corporate image. You'll understand and consult on the best solutions for communications problems presented by internal partners.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Work collaboratively with program and project team members to achieve the best solution for the communications problem. You'll persuasively present complex conceptual proposals and information to groups and individuals to gain agreement and explain directions; answer questions or objections as to how the proposal responds to business needs; and facilitate discussion to clarify purposes and objectives. You will also provide clear, meaningful, and constructive feedback to internal or external resources that are implementing programs, projects, or standards.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design.
- Three or more years of experience in implementing graphic design projects and programs.
- Thorough knowledge of design production for both print and electronic media.
- An understanding of both Macintosh and Windows platforms and their use.
- Proven experience in photo art direction.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop). You'll also need to be proficient in PowerPoint. Knowledge of Flash and HTML is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects in a timely manner.
- Proven organizational and time management skills. You must also be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently being used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Schedule : Full-time
Employee Status : Regular
Travel : No
Shift : First
Primary Location : United States-New York-New York City