VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television and feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; and a newly launched TV network in a joint venture with Rogers called VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, and Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Junior Graphic Designer
REPORTS TO: Design Director
OVERVIEW: VICE Media is seeking a Junior Graphic Designer whereby their primary role will be in the day-to-day handling of design projects – from print production to online. The designer will work in the Adobe Creative Suite, along with Keynote and PowerPoint. Daily projects will vary from designing for Vice Magazine and vice.com, to ad campaigns, pitches, and designs for our network of programs, such as Noisey and The Creators Project.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizing daily requests and projects.
- Communicating with project managers on design project needs and requests.
- Problem solving and taking design feedback from clients and coworkers.
- Designing print ads, posters, signage for spaces, flyers, and various print collateral.
- Designing online banner ads, newsletters and website takeovers.
- Extensive work for mockups and pitches—from websites to products and spaces.
- Presentation layout and cleanup (PPT and Keynote).
- Press release layout and cleanup.
- Editorial design and layout.
- Must have a Bachelors degree in Fine Arts or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience.
- Resourcefulness, diligence, attention to detail, and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and assignments simultaneously under strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of the Vice brand and its properties.
- Strong proficiency and experience in HTML 5 and the Adobe Creative Suite--Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Front end development would be considered a strong assets as well.
- Proficiency and experience in Keynote and Powerpoint.
- Proficiency and experience of optimizing designs for online.
- Proficiency and experience in print production.
- Working knowledge of motion graphics (Adobe After Effects).
- Working knowledge of photography basics.
- Familiarity with MAC computers preferred.
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.