Location Glendale, California, United States
The Partnerships team at Marvel connects the world’s leading brands to a global audience through the most compelling content, experiences, and products.At the core, we are epic storytellers who touch the human spirit. When you combine our DNA of 8,000+ diverse & relatable characters in a connected universe with an evolving digital-first ecosystem, you have a powerful platform for personal, meaningful, and immediate fan engagement.
Marvel’s Digital & Integrated Partnerships team is seeking an Interactive Graphic Designer that is passionate about graphic design, user experience, and storytelling. This role will be reporting to the VP of Digital Media & Marketing Solutions and will support the larger Digital & Integrated Partnerships group by leading creative ideation, conception, and execution across all stages of partnership. As a Marvel Graphic Designer on the Partnerships team, you will work in a dynamic environment of business leaders, creative thinkers, and self-sufficient go-getters.
Put your mark on the Marvel Universe.
- Responsible for the creation branded templates, custom materials, and ongoing digital partnership assets as needed
- Lead and bring Marvel’s partnership design vision to live across digital, custom, and print businesses
- Design partnership & marketing materials for our Digital, Integrated, and Custom efforts. This will include concept design, mock-ups, research, Digital video edits, etc.
- Design breakthrough digital, social, and traditional advertising and brand experiences
- Participate in analyzing post-campaign metrics to set best practices and optimize advertising campaigns for brand awareness and conversion
- Support Digital & Integrated Partnerships and Custom Solutions teams by bringing big ideas to life through ideation and creation of high fidelity executions
- Support digital partnership team with design and execution of branded engagement and custom advertising campaigns
- Present creative work to internal stakeholders, partnership leads and senior management for review and approval
- Additional creative support as opportunities present themselves (few and far between, but it’s usually simply one-off things like t-shirts, invites, one-sheets… we all pitch in)
- 3+ years experience in rich media, graphic, and interactive design
- Expert level experience in Adobe Creative Suite, and Apple OS suite
- Able to develop compelling creative concepts based on strategic marketing input and present ideas to senior management
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Strong project management skills
- Team-oriented with the ability to multi-task & prioritize deliverables in order to meet tight and moving deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Highly organized, resourceful and dependable
- Experience building digital and print-ready files
- Ability to create basic motion/animated graphics
- Illustration skills and brand-identity design a plus
- Experience localizing creative and launching multi-national products
- UX/UI skills: wire framing, prototyping, web fonts, responsive web design, and strong understanding of usability principles, information architecture and best practices
- Portfolio showcasing strong creative concepts and solid experience with a variety of industries and deliverables
- BA or equivalent experience in media, interactive, and graphic design
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.