Invoke solves the problems that enable businesses to innovate and grow. We cut our teeth by creating digital products like Hootsuite, Brightkit, and Foodee. Now, as a partner for startups and established brands alike, we add value by combining our product development expertise with a history of creating remarkable digital experiences.
We are in search of a web and mobile Product Designer who has been externally facing to client partners. You’ve taken initiative proactively and demonstrated leadership qualities. You like to fail fast, ask the right questions, be bold in your design and open to feedback. A pen/paper and whiteboard are your first step and you love prototyping. We’re not looking for someone who’s done one thing, by themselves, all the time. Your designs are not just about creating elegant designs, but considers how content relates and impacts design functionality and usability.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Contribute to discovery and the product planning phases to ensure the design consistency throughout product/project experiences
- Investigate and map out detailed, technical use cases, personas, task flows and sitemaps
- Create interactive wireframes that account for multiple user scenarios and strategic
- Deliver pristine user interfaces for web, native mobile, and responsive platforms
- Organize and conduct user testing sessions; analyze and create reports for recommendations
- Maintain thorough documentation for design specifications upon handoff
- Engage in creative concepting with multiple project teams
- Articulate and present concept solutions to internal and external teams
- Provide ongoing peer feedback of work and mentorship where needed
- Help fine-tune design processes with the team
- Work with other departments to shape a project’s overall creative output and maintain quality
- Contribute to the Invoke brand
WHO YOU ARE
- Must have: A portfolio that doesn’t just show polished work - we want to see work in-progress that breaks down your process (sketches, tests, iterations), and indicates your involvement throughout the project. Preferably, your recent work demonstrates product design with depth in flows and technical use cases
- Must have: 5+ years small/large scale full life-cycle web and mobile product UX/UI project experience connecting strategy, development and design
- Experience with how content strategy relates to design layout and interaction
- Working experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision and other wireframe/prototyping tools
- A track record of mentoring other Designers
- Knowledge of design methodologies and best practices
- BA or equivalent education from design/tech program
- A high attention to detail and organizational skills
- Comfortable in receiving and giving constructive criticism to peers
- Active in the Design community
IT WOULD BE REALLY COOL IF YOU HAD
- Ecommerce or IoT experience
Sound like you? We’d love to hear from you, so please apply now with a cover letter, resume, and portfolio that demonstrates what's listed above.
We thank everyone that applies, but only those short-listed will be contacted to move forward in the process.